Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Valuable Actor


Do you know your value?  Do you truly understand the value of your gifts and talents?   As actors we are constantly faced with rejection.   In this industry you will receive many more no’s than yes’s. In this case what do you do? How do you stay inspired?   The answer is simple, “Know your worth!”.  Just because you are rejected your value doesn’t change.   You must continue to push forward until you reach your goals and dreams.
           
Many times I find myself questioning my value.  I constantly ask myself, am I as good as I think I am?  Am I as good as my friends that I am?  I have been on this journey pursuing acting full time for three long years.  Has this pursuit been easy? Definitely nor, but it has definitely taught me many life lessons. 

·      1. If you don’t believe in yourself, no one else will.
·     2. If you stop at one failure you will never know if success was next
·     3. Sometime to get what you want, you have to step out of your comfort zone.
·      4.When faced with rejection, know that other opportunities will come.
·      5.You will never taste successful, if you keep chewing on my failures.

To my fellow actors, keep pushing.  Your day will come. Then the question becomes “Are you prepared?”  In listening to casting director Twinkie Byrd.   She said she loves giving actors opportunities, but when given the opportunity she expects you to be prepared.   So I would say as you continue to pursue acting, continue to prepare. Preparation is key.   Even though, you do not land all your auditions continue to prepare and hone your gifts, you never know when your golden opportunity will come.   Most importantly know your worth.  Know that though you may not get a role, it does not speak to value of your talents.  Your worth never changes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment